Search This Blog

Thursday, October 4, 2012

"AM I BLUE?"

I read a story called “Am I Blue” by: Bruce Coville. It’s about a boy named Vincent that’s gay and doesn’t really know what it means to be gay.  Until he met his fairy god father that’s also gay. Vincent’s fairy god father taught him what it meant to be gay.  He was scared because he didn’t know what other people would think and say about him .He didn’t want to be judged. But his fairy god father told him not to worry about what other people say about you. And that to be who you are and people will except you for who you, and don’t doubt yourself because your not who other people want you to be. To be yourself. His fairy god father told him some really encouraging things. His fairy god father should Vincent that if nobody else is there for him he will always be there for him no matter what happened. I think that’s exactly what Vincent needs in his life well not just Vincent that’s what everyone needs in there life a support system.
In conclusion, Vincent learned to except who he is and not to try to change himself for anyone. I think the fairy god father was really helpful in Vincent’s life and that he really made Vincent feel loved and care for. i also think that vincent should have never felt ashamed in who he was he should of been proud to call himself gay.

2 comments:

  1. I found it interesting that you could easily and comfortably elaborate and express the fact that Vincent was gay. I'm not saying that its hard, but when someone has to write about an unfamiliar and sometimes awkward topic in their opinion ( in this case where being sensitive towards one's views and actions)they take a lot of time to vary what they say so it doesn't sound incorrect or wrong. I also like how you established the relationship between Vincent and Melvin so clearly.

    ReplyDelete